This article explains how to set up an EPSON Printer to be used by Ethernet.
It works for the following devices :
- Epson TM-T88IV
- Epson TM-T88V
CAUTION: Be sure to turn off the printer before doing the following steps!
1. (Optional) Change the interface
- If the printer hasn't a Ethernet port, change the interface card for Ethernet Interface Card UB-E04 or Similar.
2. Settings DIP switches for Ethernet's communication
- Turn off the printer.
- Turn over the printer.
- Remove the DIP switch cover by removing the screw.
- By using a small screwdriver, put the DSW2-8 on "ON".
- Replace the DIP switch cover, and fix it by installing the screw.
The new setting becomes effective after the printer is turned on.
3. Get the printer information
- Plug in the power supply of the Printer and the network cable between the printer and the PC.
- Make sure there's paper in the printer. Press paper feed to make sure it's feeding paper.
- (The printer still need to be turn off) Hold down the paper feed button and switch the power on. Keep the button pressed for 3 seconds.
- The printer should print the settings and information like IP Address and MAC Address.
4. Setting up the communication between the printer and the PC
- Connect the PC to the Ethernet's network
- Check in the Network connections page if the network has the same IP Address than the printer. If not, put the address in static and enter the IP manually.
- Test the connection by opening the Command prompt and by doing a ping on the address
5. Install driver and setting up the printer
- Download the required driver by using this FTP link ftp://version.sms-timing.com/ (Username : version) and go to drivers > Epson ticket printers. Then, download and install the APD_412E.exe file
- Use How to install an Epson Ticket Printer tutorial for the installation. Don't forget the use Ethernet instead of USB.