To configure Timing loops please go Activities-> Resources-> Karting-> Double click on Racing Structure in Tracks tab-> Timing loops. On this tab you can manage loops on your track. Loops can also be used to configure Sectors
Explanation of possible settings:
Name: Name of the loop.
Decoder: Link to the decoder that should be used for this loop. You can select normal decoder or Positioning Decoder.
Antenna: Defines a place on the track where this loop should be placed.
1) If you use normal decoder: Antenna always = 0. Just select correct decoder.
2) If you use Positioning Decoder: please go to “Positioning Track” tab and check the index of the point on the track where this loop should be placed
Use for loop assignment: If checked – this loop will be used to assign drivers to go-karts.
Use for first passing: If checked – this loop will be used for the first passing.
You can assign different events to loops: speed level change, speed level reset…
Also you can set different conditions for these events: after the race, during the race…
Usefull loop configurations:
End of the race loop
If you want to slowdown your driver in the end of the race – you have to create this loop, place it before PIT Entrance and add the following events:
1) Trigger: Passing; Mode: After race; Action: Timing Speed level change; Level: 1(or other level if you want); Also Enable during Emergence mode: checked.
2) Trigger: Passing; Mode: During Pending Finish; Action: Timing Speed level change; Level: 1(or other level if you want); Also Enable during Emergence mode: checked.
Unlock Speed loop
If you want your drivers to start the race with a low speed (because it is safer) and unlock faster speeds one by one – you have to put several “Unlock speed” loops one by one after PIT Exit with a certain distance from each other and configure the following events for each loop:
1) Trigger: Passing; Mode: During race; Action: Timing Speed level unlock; Level: 2,3,4(you can set different loops to unlock speeds one by one); Also Enable during Emergence mode: checked.