To update the firmware of the SMS-Timing lapo remote you need:
- The remote itself,
- A PC,
- A Micro-USB data cable
Then follow these steps:
1. Download the firmware from ftp://version.sms-timing.com/drivers/Lapo/RemoteFirmware/
or ask someone from SMS-Timing.
2. Switch off the remote completely, by pressing and holding the C button.
3. Keep the enter key pressed, and briefly press the C button. This will get the remote into the bootloader.
4. Connect the remote with the PC using a Micro-USB data cable.
Be aware that not all USB cables will work!
5. In your PC you should get an extra storage device called "Lapo drive". There's only one file: firmware.bin.
6. Replace firmware.bin with your newer firmware.
7. Eject the device, deconnect the cable and press C on the remote.
8. Finish up by verifying the firmware version number that appears.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org