This article explains how to set up one of the following devices:
- Epson TM-T88IV
- Epson TM-T88V
Note: If you don't have the right brand or type, our software will not work with it.
1. Connect the printer via an USB cable to the computer and power it on.
2. Make sure you have the right driver for the Epson ticket printer.
2.1. Download the driver install file here:
2.2. When the download is done, unzip the archive
2.3. Double click the installation application 'APD_421.exe' to install
2.4. Let the setup install with the default settings
The installer will ask what printer you want to configure. If the printer is automatically detected, it will be in this list already. Then you can select it and click "next".
2.5. If it's not automatically detected, click add
2.6. In the "Select driver" dropdown menu, select the printer you want to install,
either a "EPSON TM-T88V Receipt" printer or a "EPSON TM-T88IV Receipt".
The rest of the fields can stay the same, then just click 'Next'
3. Restart the PC.
4. Go to "Control Panel" on your PC, and select "Devices and Printers", you can see that the printer is installed
4.1. Right click on the printer and go to the properties
4.2. Click 'Print a test page' here
If the test page doesn't work, the printer will not work in our software.
5. Now configure the printer inside our software. Copy the name of the printer by selecting it, right clicking and selecting "Copy". Then start up "Fast Configurator" from your Fast software folder and log in
6. On the left, you can find a button "Settings" in the menu
7. Click once inside the settings window, and then click inside the search box on the top left of the software. Then, type "printer", open the computer that you are working on by clicking on the "+" symbol, open the group "printer", and you will see the setting "TICKET_PRINTER".
8. If you see the settings, open it by double clicking on it
Note: If you do not see this setting, first open the Fast Cash program and try to print a receipt. It will ask you to select the right printer, you just have to select the printer you just added and you are done! You then don't need to follow the rest of the steps anymore.
Note: It's very important that the USE_PRINTER_DRIVER settings is on "1":
9. Finally paste the printer name that we copied before in this field
Congratulations, you have installed the Epson Ticket Printer, now the software knows which printer to use for printing receipts & entry tickets on this PC.